I wrote this post for an online mommy group...but decided not to post it. It is only a rant and others don't need to have to think about it during their own pregnancies....
OT? I am angry with my husband. We saw his sister this weekend. She is 20 weeks pregnant and just found out she is having a girl. We are so very happy for her! Her husband asked when we would find out the gender. I told him I'm Team Green, but as a compromise, my husband will find out at the 20 wk u/s, and keep it to himself. My husband then said "I just don't want to be disappointed at the birth. I need to know sooner than later. Obviously,I want a boy. Although, I don't think I'll be able to keep it a secret, I'll probably end up telling some friends." Besides my disgust at his 'disappointment' at a girl (I find it sexist. He stated he wants a football player, and a girl couldn't play *professionally*. So what, lots of men can't either!) He promised me that he wouldn't tell anyone once he knew. His sister, thankfully, told him he was overreacting and that he would be just as thrilled with a daughter. I know it's partially hormones, and that if it was anyone else (friend, family member) who felt this way I would be understanding. But he is my partner, and he frustrates me like no other. I love him, but I'm so angry. Right now, I hope we do have a boy, and that he hates football.
Other than this anger right now...the baby is seemingly doing well. I'm not yet showing, but I do look and feel a bit bloated. I expect to show around 20 weeks. Our next appointment is in two weeks.
I've just been so angry with him over the past few weeks. I knew that we would start fighting when we had kids, but I hoped the child would be breathing oxygen on its own first.
No comments:
Post a Comment