Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Welp, I'm preggo! And underemployed....

Hey there!

I recently got married (Jan 4th) and just found out that I'm pregnant. We are thrilled, but I have to say we are a bit surprised. Now, we shouldn't be because we told everyone that we wanted to start trying to get pregnant right away. We are a bit old to be first time parents (33 me, 37 him) and everyone told us it would take a few months for us to get pregnant. Well, it took approx. 1 week.

It's important for me to have a frugal pregnancy, birth, and motherhood. Our last big financial endeavour, the wedding, was fun and we came in under budget (approx. $4600 for a 200 person wedding reception). We received tons of help in the form of money and day-of labor.

I'm starting this blog mainly to keep me writing. I'm developing my dissertation and I need to keep my writing skills fresh. My second goal for the blog is to encourage myself to keep on the diy train in my adventures as a new mom. I love diy everything. I decorate my modest apartment with paintings I've done myself; I sew; I knit; I cook; I make my own cleaning products. I try to find uses for all things before I donate, recycle or throw things away. I have so much FUN doing this and I don't want to stop because I have a baby. This is also a very frugal way to live. I don't have/make a lot of money right now due to being a graduate student. My husband is employed however.

This blog will be a chronicle of my weekly/monthly projects. Some of the things you might find here include:

-30 minute healthy meals (sometimes 45 minute if brown rice is involved)
- simple sewing/knitting/crochet projects
- DIY cleaning products
- arts/crafting fun
- healthy pregnancy and natural unmedicated childbirth
- info on breastfeeding, cloth diapering and homemade baby food (once I get to that point)

No comments:

Post a Comment